Monday, April 30, 2007

Irony in the Library

I was changing out the magazine's yesterday, putting new ones up and noticed something interesting. I was putting up a Business Weekly, dated March 19, 2007, with the cover story "The Trouble with India" with a subtitle indicating India's falacies. In the same hand (directly beneath on my shelf) I was taking off a Chronicle of Higher Education, dated March 2, 2007, with the cover story of "Courting a Subcontinent: A whirlwind tour of India by Cornell's President highlights U.S. institutions' haste to find global partners".

To me this is horribly ironic as one toughts India positively while the other rips it a new one (I didn't read the article but the tone and the elephant breaking apart as the cover art make me think its not a positive perspective). Two Mags, One Shelf Apart, One Similar Idea, Two very different Ideas

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home