Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Interesting Reference Question

I had a reference question late last week by someone wanting to know "What exactly is a butcher knife?".

This was in line with an actual MS code section, that I blogged about here. But on the library side I wanted to see what other sources people might have to get at this undefined problem. Resources we tried to use were, the Code itself, the MS Digest, the Mississippi Encyclopedia of Law, nothing looked especially promising with AmJur2d or CJS and we were going to use Words and Phrases but it is packed up due to our summer renovation. We have regular encyclopedias but they don't carry any weight. There are also lots of on-line resources, such as wiki, but that is even less official. I know that reference librarians often have no answer but I wanted to see if any of those of you who read this have any suggestions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home